Re: how can we get total records in pg server?

От Henshall, Stuart - WCP
Тема Re: how can we get total records in pg server?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hello,Here's a quick function to count the total number of rows in none
system tables:
DROP FUNCTION cnt_rows();
CREATE FUNCTION cnt_rows() RETURNS int4 AS '
DECLAREr RECORD;rb RECORD;tot int4;sqlstr text;
BEGINtot:=0;FOR r IN select * from pg_tables where not tablename like ''pg_%''
LOOP    sqlstr:=''SELECT count(*) AS cnt FROM '' ||
quote_ident(r.tablename) || '';'';    FOR rb IN EXECUTE sqlstr LOOP        RAISE NOTICE ''Number of rows in
%=%'',r.tablename,rb.cnt;        tot:=tot+rb.cnt;    END LOOP;END LOOP;RAISE NOTICE ''Total Number of rows for all none
system
tables=%'',tot;RETURN tot;
END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

You'll also need to have the plpgsql language created for your database
(eg: createlang plpgsql testdb)
then just execute the above script then select cnt_rows(); in psql.
-Stuart