RE: Very urgent

От Henshall, Stuart - WCP
Тема RE: Very urgent
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
Hello,
    If you have installed the latest version of cygwin you should
already have a pre-compiled version of postgresql. Try going into the bash
shell (I tend then to run rxvt & to give me an xterm like cli).
    Then at the command line try:
    ipc-daemon &
    initdb <datadir>
    postmaster -i -D <datadir> &
Make sure your path is correctly set up first to be able to see them
(/usr/bin I *think*).
This should then start the postmaster. If you have problems with the
ipc-daemon & then you either don't have it installed, in your path or its
running already (possible as a service).
    You can't (as far as I'm aware) build postgresql using native
windows tools, instead use cygwin.
    Do something like:
    tar -xzvf postgresql-7.1.tar.gz
    cd postgresql-7.1