Re: First draft 9.6 website patch

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: First draft 9.6 website patch
Дата
Список pgsql-www
> On 26 Sep 2016, at 06:16, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>
> I've attached the first patch version for the 9.6 release press/presskit
> materials.  Please review/correct.  Thanks.

In this:
+A: No, it's approximately our 27th major release in 30 years ofdevelopment.  We release a new version of PostgreSQL
everyyear, whichis unique among SQL databases.  Because of the long history of ourproject the first two decimals are
majorreleases.  Thus 9.5, 9.1 and9.0 were all major releases.  Minor releases have numbers like 9.2.9.However, this way
ofnumbering releases will change next year.</p>

Since the text qualify releases with major/minor in other places, perhaps the
below wording will make it even clearer for those who aren’t fully fluent in
our versioning and release scheme:
“.. We release new major version of PostgreSQL every year, .."

Nothing else stood out from reading the (english portion of the) patch, looks
good.

cheers ./daniel

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: