Re: PostgreSQL roadmap for 8.2 and beyond.

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: PostgreSQL roadmap for 8.2 and beyond.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I fail to see how this solves the problem of getting auto generated
keys.

AFAIKS, the protocol needs to be tweaked to return at a minimum the
currval for the first serial in the row, but more correctly all of
the modified currval's  for an insert

if we had that then we could correctly implement getAutoGeneratedKeys
for jdbc.

Dave