pgsql: Fix documentation build with older docbook-xsl

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема pgsql: Fix documentation build with older docbook-xsl
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Fix documentation build with older docbook-xsl

Commit b0f0a9432d0 backpatched some code from upstream DocBook XSL to
our customization layer.  It turned out that this failed to work with
anything but the latest DocBook XSL upstream version (1.79.*), because
the backpatched code references an XSLT parameter (autolink.index.see)
that is not defined in earlier versions (because the feature it is
used for did not exist yet).

There is no way in XSLT to test whether a parameter is declared before
the stylesheet processor tries and fails to access it.  So the
possibilities to fix this would be to either remove the code that uses
the parameter (and thus give up on the feature it is used for) or
declare the parameter in our customization layer.  The latter seems
easier, and with a few more lines of code we can backport the entire
autolink.index.see feature, so let's do that.  (If we didn't, then
with older stylesheets the parameter will appear as on, but it won't
actually do anything, because of the way the stylesheets are laid out,
so it's less confusing to just make it work.)

With this, the documentation build should work again with docbook-xsl
versions 1.77.*, 1.78.*, and 1.79.* (which already worked before).
Version 1.76.1 already didn't work before all this, so was not
considered here.

Reported-by: Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com>
Discussion: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/9077b779-a9f8-09c8-6e85-da1ebfba15af@eisentraut.org

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/5869aef9a15d5dc0b4de3d63d1ae360a6f34afb4

Modified Files
doc/src/sgml/stylesheet-common.xsl      | 7 +++++++
doc/src/sgml/stylesheet-fo.xsl          | 4 ++++
doc/src/sgml/stylesheet-html-common.xsl | 4 ++++
3 files changed, 15 insertions(+)