pgsql: Don't try to dump RLS policies or security labels for extension

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Don't try to dump RLS policies or security labels for extension
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Don't try to dump RLS policies or security labels for extension objects.

checkExtensionMembership() set the DUMP_COMPONENT_SECLABEL and
DUMP_COMPONENT_POLICY flags for extension member objects, even though
we lack any infrastructure for tracking extensions' initial settings
of these properties.  This is not OK.  The result was that a dump
would always include commands to set these properties for extension
objects that have them, with at least three negative consequences:

1. The restoring user might not have privilege to set these properties
on these objects.

2. The properties might be incorrect/irrelevant for the version of the
extension that's installed in the destination database.

3. The dump itself might fail, in the case of RLS properties attached
to extension tables that the dumping user lacks privilege to LOCK.
(That's because we must get at least AccessShareLock to ensure that
we don't fail while trying to decompile the RLS expressions.)

When and if somebody cares to invent initial-state infrastructure for
extensions' RLS policies and security labels, we could think about
finding another way around problem #3.  But in the absence of such
infrastructure, this whole thing is just wrong and we shouldn't do it.

(Note: this applies only to ordinary dumps; binary-upgrade dumps
still dump and restore extension member objects separately, with
all properties.)

Tom Lane and Jacob Champion.  Back-patch to all supported branches.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/00d46a48-3324-d9a0-49bf-e7f0f11d1038@timescale.com

Branch
------
REL_12_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/891afa84c27efb2d496540cbc0b5dd1faaec4e91

Modified Files
src/bin/pg_dump/pg_dump.c                          | 22 ++++++++--------
src/test/modules/test_pg_dump/t/001_base.pl        | 29 +++++++++++++++++++++-
.../modules/test_pg_dump/test_pg_dump--1.0.sql     |  2 ++