pgsql: Collect dependency information for parsed CallStmts.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Collect dependency information for parsed CallStmts.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Collect dependency information for parsed CallStmts.

Parse analysis of a CallStmt will inject mutable information,
for instance the OID of the called procedure, so that subsequent
DDL may create a need to re-parse the CALL.  We failed to detect
this for CALLs in plpgsql routines, because no dependency information
was collected when putting a CallStmt into the plan cache.  That
could lead to misbehavior or strange errors such as "cache lookup
failed".

Before commit ee895a655, the issue would only manifest for CALLs
appearing in atomic contexts, because we re-planned non-atomic
CALLs every time through anyway.

It is now apparent that extract_query_dependencies() probably
needs a special case for every utility statement type for which
stmt_requires_parse_analysis() returns true.  I wanted to add
something like Assert(!stmt_requires_parse_analysis(...)) when
falling out of extract_query_dependencies_walker without doing
anything, but there are API issues as well as a more fundamental
point: stmt_requires_parse_analysis is supposed to be applied to
raw parser output, so it'd be cheating to assume it will give the
correct answer for post-parse-analysis trees.  I contented myself
with adding a comment.

Per bug #18131 from Christian Stork.  Back-patch to all supported
branches.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/18131-576854e79c5cd264@postgresql.org

Branch
------
REL_14_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/5cff431bc9b812a712a89badf24a8479aaa25bef

Modified Files
src/backend/optimizer/plan/setrefs.c         | 23 ++++++++++++--
src/pl/plpgsql/src/expected/plpgsql_call.out | 47 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/pl/plpgsql/src/sql/plpgsql_call.sql      | 38 ++++++++++++++++++++++