pgsql: In transformRowExpr(), check for too many columns in the row.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: In transformRowExpr(), check for too many columns in the row.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
In transformRowExpr(), check for too many columns in the row.

A RowExpr with more than MaxTupleAttributeNumber columns would fail at
execution anyway, since we cannot form a tuple datum with more than that
many columns.  While heap_form_tuple() has a check for too many columns,
it emerges that there are some intermediate bits of code that don't
check and can be driven to failure with sufficiently many columns.
Checking this at parse time seems like the most appropriate place to
install a defense, since we already check SELECT list length there.

While at it, make the SELECT-list-length error use the same errcode
(TOO_MANY_COLUMNS) as heap_form_tuple does, rather than the generic
PROGRAM_LIMIT_EXCEEDED.

Per bug #17561 from Egor Chindyaskin.  The given test case crashes
in all supported branches (and probably a lot further back),
so patch all.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/17561-80350151b9ad2ad4@postgresql.org

Branch
------
REL_12_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/d79f00e821ed12bcdfb070db8632b10a4ac8a9b4

Modified Files
src/backend/parser/parse_expr.c | 8 ++++++++
src/backend/parser/parse_node.c | 2 +-