pgsql: Avoid ECPG test failures in some GSS-capable environments.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Avoid ECPG test failures in some GSS-capable environments.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Avoid ECPG test failures in some GSS-capable environments.

Buildfarm member hamerkop has been reporting that two cases in
connect/test5.pgc show different error messages than the test expects,
because since commit ffa2e4670 libpq's connection failure messages
are exposing the fact that a GSS-encrypted connection was attempted
and failed.  That's pretty interesting information in itself, and
I certainly don't wish to shoot the messenger, but we need to do
something to stabilize the ECPG results.

For the second of these two failure cases, we can add the
gssencmode=disable option to prevent the discrepancy.  However,
that solution is problematic for the first failure, because the only
unique thing about that case is that it's testing a completely-omitted
connection target; there's noplace to add the option without defeating
the point of the test case.  After some thrashing around with
alternative fixes that turned out to have undesirable side-effects,
the most workable answer is just to give up and remove that test case.
Perhaps we can revert this later, if we figure out why the GSS code
is misbehaving in hamerkop's environment.

Thanks to Michael Paquier for exploration of alternatives.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/YLRZH6CWs9N6Pusy@paquier.xyz

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/9bb5eecce645dd72853e3ed262bef7bf11cae566

Modified Files
src/interfaces/ecpg/test/connect/test5.pgc             |  6 +++---
src/interfaces/ecpg/test/expected/connect-test5.c      | 10 +++-------
src/interfaces/ecpg/test/expected/connect-test5.stderr | 12 +-----------