pgsql: docs: Update TOAST storage docs for configurable compression.

От Robert Haas
Тема pgsql: docs: Update TOAST storage docs for configurable compression.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
docs: Update TOAST storage docs for configurable compression.

Mention that there are multiple TOAST compression methods and that the
compression method used is stored in a TOAST pointer along with the
other information that was stored there previously. Add a reference to
the documentation for default_toast_compression, where the supported
methods are listed, instead of duplicating that here.

I haven't tried to preserve the text claiming that pglz is "fairly
simple and very fast." I have no view on the veracity of the former
claim, but LZ4 seems to be faster (and to compress better) so it
seems better not to muddy the waters by talking about compression
speed as a strong point of PGLZ.

Patch by me, reviewed by Justin Pryzby.

Discussion: http://postgr.es/m/CA+Tgmoaw_YBwQhOS_hhEPPwFhfAnu+VCLs18EfGr9gQw1z4H-w@mail.gmail.com

Branch