pgsql: Improve new wording of libpq's connection failure messages.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Improve new wording of libpq's connection failure messages.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Improve new wording of libpq's connection failure messages.

"connection to server so-and-so failed:" seems clearer than the
previous wording "could not connect to so-and-so:" (introduced by
52a10224e), because the latter suggests a network-level connection
failure.  We're now prefixing this string to all types of connection
failures, for instance authentication failures; so we need wording
that doesn't imply a low-level error.

Per discussion with Robert Haas.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/CA+TgmobssJ6rS22dspWnu-oDxXevGmhMD8VcRBjmj-b9UDqRjw@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/27a48e5a16ff2227ddf44ee717d9bcd89d22a7aa

Modified Files
src/bin/pg_dump/t/002_pg_dump.pl                   |  2 +-
.../ecpg/test/expected/connect-test5.stderr        |  4 +--
src/interfaces/ecpg/test/pg_regress_ecpg.c         |  8 +++---
src/interfaces/libpq/fe-connect.c                  | 31 +++++++++++-----------