pgsql: Ensure that expandTableLikeClause() re-examines the same table.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Ensure that expandTableLikeClause() re-examines the same table.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Ensure that expandTableLikeClause() re-examines the same table.

As it stood, expandTableLikeClause() re-did the same relation_openrv
call that transformTableLikeClause() had done.  However there are
scenarios where this would not find the same table as expected.
We hold lock on the LIKE source table, so it can't be renamed or
dropped, but another table could appear before it in the search path.
This explains the odd behavior reported in bug #16758 when cloning a
table as a temp table of the same name.  This case worked as expected
before commit 502898192 introduced the need to open the source table
twice, so we should fix it.

To make really sure we get the same table, let's re-open it by OID not
name.  That requires adding an OID field to struct TableLikeClause,
which is a little nervous-making from an ABI standpoint, but as long
as it's at the end I don't think there's any serious risk.

Per bug #16758 from Marc Boeren.  Like the previous patch,
back-patch to all supported branches.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/16758-840e84a6cfab276d@postgresql.org

Branch
------
REL_11_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/28bb8c496691e0fb60f49eac08b4dc1d8bdd6b4a

Modified Files
src/backend/nodes/copyfuncs.c                   |  1 +
src/backend/nodes/equalfuncs.c                  |  1 +
src/backend/nodes/outfuncs.c                    |  1 +
src/backend/parser/gram.y                       |  1 +
src/backend/parser/parse_utilcmd.c              | 14 +++++++++++---
src/include/nodes/parsenodes.h                  |  1 +
src/test/regress/expected/create_table_like.out | 21 +++++++++++++++++++++
src/test/regress/sql/create_table_like.sql      |  8 ++++++++