pgsql: Revert "Change SHA2 implementation based on OpenSSL to use EVP d

От Michael Paquier
Тема pgsql: Revert "Change SHA2 implementation based on OpenSSL to use EVP d
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Revert "Change SHA2 implementation based on OpenSSL to use EVP digest routines"

This reverts commit e21cbb4, as the switch to EVP routines requires a
more careful design where we would need to have at least our wrapper
routines return a status instead of issuing an error by themselves to
let the caller do the error handling.  The memory handling was also
incorrect and could cause leaks in the backend if a failure happened,
requiring most likely a callback to do the necessary cleanup as the only
clean way to be able to allocate an EVP context requires the use of an
allocation within OpenSSL.  The potential rework of the wrappers also
impacts the fallback implementation when not building with OpenSSL.

Originally, prairiedog has reported a compilation failure, but after
discussion with Tom Lane this needs a better design.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/20200928073330.GC2316@paquier.xyz

Branch
------
master