pgsql: Use plain memset() in numeric.c, not MemSet and friends.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Use plain memset() in numeric.c, not MemSet and friends.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Use plain memset() in numeric.c, not MemSet and friends.

This essentially reverts a micro-optimization I made years ago,
as part of the much larger commit d72f6c750.  It's doubtful
that there was any hard evidence for it being helpful even then,
and the case is even more dubious now that modern compilers
are so much smarter about inlining memset().

The proximate reason for undoing it is to get rid of the type punning
inherent in MemSet, for fear that that may cause problems now that
we're applying additional optimization switches to numeric.c.
At the very least this'll silence some warnings from a few old
buildfarm animals.

(It's probably past time for another look at whether MemSet is still
worth anything at all, but I do not propose to tackle that question
right now.)

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/CAJ3gD9evtA_vBo+WMYMyT-u=keHX7-r8p2w7OSRfXf42LTwCZQ@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------