pgsql: Allow records to span multiple lines in pg_hba.conf and pg_ident

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Allow records to span multiple lines in pg_hba.conf and pg_ident
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Allow records to span multiple lines in pg_hba.conf and pg_ident.conf.

A backslash at the end of a line now causes the next line to be appended
to the current one (effectively, the backslash and newline are discarded).
This allows long HBA entries to be created without legibility problems.

While we're here, get rid of the former hard-wired length limit on
pg_hba.conf lines, by using an expansible StringInfo buffer instead
of a fixed-size local variable.

Since the same code is used to read the ident map file, these changes
apply there as well.

Fabien Coelho, reviewed by Justin Pryzby and David Zhang

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/alpine.DEB.2.21.2003251906140.15243@pseudo

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/8f8154a503c71a18ad72c64f4aefb9d847c45b86

Modified Files
doc/src/sgml/client-auth.sgml             |   6 +-
src/backend/libpq/hba.c                   | 106 ++++++++++++++++++++----------
src/test/authentication/t/001_password.pl |   3 +-