pgsql: Allow extracting fields from a ROW() expression in more cases.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Allow extracting fields from a ROW() expression in more cases.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Allow extracting fields from a ROW() expression in more cases.

Teach get_expr_result_type() to manufacture a tuple descriptor directly
from a RowExpr node.  If the RowExpr has type RECORD, this is the only
way to get a tupdesc for its result, since even if the rowtype has been
blessed, we don't have its typmod available at this point.  (If the
RowExpr has some named composite type, we continue to let the existing
code handle it, since the RowExpr might well not have the correct column
names embedded in it.)

This fixes assorted corner cases illustrated by the added regression
tests.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/10872.1572202006@sss.pgh.pa.us

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/8b7a0f1d118282f612e5b9686d820edcddedd081

Modified Files
src/backend/utils/fmgr/funcapi.c       | 32 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/test/regress/expected/rowtypes.out | 39 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/test/regress/sql/rowtypes.sql      |  9 ++++++++
3 files changed, 80 insertions(+)