pgsql: Revert "Avoid spurious deadlocks when upgrading a tuple lock"

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема pgsql: Revert "Avoid spurious deadlocks when upgrading a tuple lock"
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Revert "Avoid spurious deadlocks when upgrading a tuple lock"

This reverts commits 3da73d6839dc and de87a084c0a5.

This code has some tricky corner cases that I'm not sure are correct and
not properly tested anyway, so I'm reverting the whole thing for next
week's releases (reintroducing the deadlock bug that we set to fix).
I'll try again afterwards.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/E1hbXKQ-0003g1-0C@gemulon.postgresql.org

Branch
------
REL_11_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/28dc2c25c579232dbba98a0ec62476b4091df96e

Modified Files
src/backend/access/heap/README.tuplock             |  10 --
src/backend/access/heap/heapam.c                   |  83 +++---------
.../expected/tuplelock-upgrade-no-deadlock.out     | 150 ---------------------
src/test/isolation/isolation_schedule              |   1 -
.../specs/tuplelock-upgrade-no-deadlock.spec       |  57 --------