pgsql: Improve detection of child-process SIGPIPE failures.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Improve detection of child-process SIGPIPE failures.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Improve detection of child-process SIGPIPE failures.

Commit ffa4cbd62 added logic to detect SIGPIPE failure of a COPY child
process, but it only worked correctly if the SIGPIPE occurred in the
immediate child process.  Depending on the shell in use and the
complexity of the shell command string, we might instead get back
an exit code of 128 + SIGPIPE, representing a shell error exit
reporting SIGPIPE in the child process.

We could just hack up ClosePipeToProgram() to add the extra case,
but it seems like this is a fairly general issue deserving a more
general and better-documented solution.  I chose to add a couple
of functions in src/common/wait_error.c, which is a natural place
to know about wait-result encodings, that will test for either a
specific child-process signal type or any child-process signal failure.
Then, adjust other places that were doing ad-hoc tests of this type
to use the common functions.

In RestoreArchivedFile, this fixes a race condition affecting whether
the process will report an error or just silently proc_exit(1): before,
that depended on whether the intermediate shell got SIGTERM'd itself
or reported a child process failing on SIGTERM.

Like the previous patch, back-patch to v10; we could go further
but there seems no real need to.

Per report from Erik Rijkers.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/f3683f87ab1701bea5d86a7742b22432@xs4all.nl

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/ade2d61ed09c11a3d374a98c66c8a05cb82a0069

Modified Files
src/backend/access/transam/xlogarchive.c | 20 ++++-----------
src/backend/commands/copy.c              |  3 +--
src/backend/postmaster/pgarch.c          | 10 +++-----
src/common/wait_error.c                  | 43 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/include/port.h                       |  2 ++