pgsql: Still further rethinking of build changes for macOS Mojave.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Still further rethinking of build changes for macOS Mojave.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Still further rethinking of build changes for macOS Mojave.

To avoid the sorts of problems complained of by Jakob Egger, it'd be
best if configure didn't emit any references to the sysroot path at all.
In the case of PL/Tcl, we can do that just by keeping our hands off the
TCL_INCLUDE_SPEC string altogether.  In the case of PL/Perl, we need to
substitute -iwithsysroot for -I in the compile commands, which is easily
handled if we change to using a configure output variable that includes
the switch not only the directory name.  Since PL/Tcl and PL/Python
already do it like that, this seems like good consistency cleanup anyway.

Hence, this replaces the advice given to Perl-related extensions in commit
5e2217131; instead of writing "-I$(perl_archlibexp)/CORE", they should
just write "$(perl_includespec)".  (The old way continues to work, but not
on recent macOS.)

It's still the case that configure needs to be aware of the sysroot
path internally, but that's cleaner than what we had before.

As before, back-patch to all supported versions.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/20840.1537850987@sss.pgh.pa.us

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/e74dd00f53cd6dc1887f76b9672e5f6dcf0fd8a2

Modified Files
configure                      | 18 +++++++-----------
configure.in                   | 18 +++++++-----------
contrib/hstore_plperl/Makefile |  7 ++-----
contrib/jsonb_plperl/Makefile  |  7 ++-----
src/Makefile.global.in         |  2 +-
src/pl/plperl/GNUmakefile      |  5 +++--
src/template/darwin            |  5 ++---