pgsql: Back off using -isysroot on Darwin.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Back off using -isysroot on Darwin.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Back off using -isysroot on Darwin.

Rethink the solution applied in commit 5e2217131 to get PL/Tcl to
build on macOS Mojave.  I feared that adding -isysroot globally might
have undesirable consequences, and sure enough Jakob Egger reported
one: it complicates building extensions with a different Xcode version
than was used for the core server.  (I find that a risky proposition
in general, but apparently it works most of the time, so we shouldn't
break it if we don't have to.)

We'd already adopted the solution for PL/Perl of inserting the sysroot
path directly into the -I switches used to find Perl's headers, and we
can do the same thing for PL/Tcl by changing the -iwithsysroot switch
that Apple's tclConfig.sh reports.  This restricts the risks to PL/Perl
and PL/Tcl themselves and directly-dependent extensions, which is a lot
more pleasing in general than a global -isysroot switch.

Along the way, tighten the test to see if we need to inject the sysroot
path into $perl_includedir, as I'd speculated about upthread but not
gotten round to doing.

As before, back-patch to all supported versions.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/20840.1537850987@sss.pgh.pa.us

Branch
------
REL_11_STABLE