pgsql: Use slots more widely in tuple mapping code and make namingmore

От Andres Freund
Тема pgsql: Use slots more widely in tuple mapping code and make namingmore
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Use slots more widely in tuple mapping code and make naming more consistent.

It's inefficient to use a single slot for mapping between tuple
descriptors for multiple tuples, as previously done when using
ConvertPartitionTupleSlot(), as that means the slot's tuple descriptors
change for every tuple.

Previously we also, via ConvertPartitionTupleSlot(), built new tuples
after the mapping even in cases where we, immediately afterwards,
access individual columns again.

Refactor the code so one slot, on demand, is used for each
partition. That avoids having to change the descriptor (and allows to
use the more efficient "fixed" tuple slots). Then use slot->slot
mapping, to avoid unnecessarily forming a tuple.

As the naming between the tuple and slot mapping functions wasn't
consistent, rename them to execute_attr_map_{tuple,slot}.  It's likely
that we'll also rename convert_tuples_by_* to denote that these
functions "only" build a map, but that's left for later.