pgsql: Fix tuple_data_split() to not open a relation without any lock.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Fix tuple_data_split() to not open a relation without any lock.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Fix tuple_data_split() to not open a relation without any lock.

contrib/pageinspect's tuple_data_split() function thought it could get
away with opening the referenced relation with NoLock.  In practice
there's no guarantee that the current session holds any lock on that
rel (even if we just read a page from it), so that this is unsafe.

Switch to using AccessShareLock.  Also, postpone closing the relation,
so that we needn't copy its tupdesc.  Also, fix unsafe use of
att_isnull() for attributes past the end of the tuple.

Per testing with a patch that complains if we open a relation without
holding any lock on it.  I don't plan to back-patch that patch, but we
should close the holes it identifies in all supported branches.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/2038.1538335244@sss.pgh.pa.us

Branch
------
REL9_6_STABLE