pgsql: Ensure pg_dump_sort.c sorts null vs non-null namespaceconsisten

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Ensure pg_dump_sort.c sorts null vs non-null namespaceconsisten
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Ensure pg_dump_sort.c sorts null vs non-null namespace consistently.

The original coding here (which is, I believe, my fault) supposed that
it didn't need to concern itself with the possibility that one object
of a given type-priority has a namespace while another doesn't.  But
that's not reliably true anymore, if it ever was; and if it does happen
then it's possible that DOTypeNameCompare returns self-inconsistent
comparison results.  That leads to unspecified behavior in qsort()
and a resultant weird output order from pg_dump.

This should end up being only a cosmetic problem, because any ordering
constraints that actually matter should be enforced by the later
dependency-based sort.  Still, it's a bug, so back-patch.

Report and fix by Jacob Champion, though I editorialized on his
patch to the extent of making NULL sort after non-NULL, for consistency
with our usual sorting definitions.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/CABAq_6Hw+V-Kj7PNfD5tgOaWT_-qaYkc+SRmJkPLeUjYXLdxwQ@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------