pgsql: Update time zone data files to tzdata release 2018e.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Update time zone data files to tzdata release 2018e.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Update time zone data files to tzdata release 2018e.

DST law changes in North Korea.  Redefinition of "daylight savings" in
Ireland, as well as for some past years in Namibia and Czechoslovakia.
Additional historical corrections for Czechoslovakia.

With this change, the IANA database models Irish timekeeping as following
"standard time" in summer, and "daylight savings" in winter, so that the
daylight savings offset is one hour behind standard time not one hour
ahead.  This does not change their UTC offset (+1:00 in summer, 0:00 in
winter) nor their timezone abbreviations (IST in summer, GMT in winter),
though now "IST" is more correctly read as "Irish Standard Time" not "Irish
Summer Time".  However, the "is_dst" column in the pg_timezone_names view
will now be true in winter and false in summer for the Europe/Dublin zone.

Similar changes were made for Namibia between 1994 and 2017, and for
Czechoslovakia between 1946 and 1947.

So far as I can find, no Postgres internal logic cares about which way
tm_isdst is reported; in particular, since commit b2cbced9e we do not
rely on it to decide how to interpret ambiguous timestamps during DST
transitions.  So I don't think this change will affect any Postgres
behavior other than the timezone-view outputs.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/30996.1525445902@sss.pgh.pa.us

Branch
------
REL9_3_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/3f36e4fc5b5b3e734f59aef9f31b918771dd0f2e

Modified Files
src/backend/utils/adt/datetime.c |    5 +-
src/timezone/data/tzdata.zi      | 3177 +++++++++++++++++++-------------------
src/timezone/known_abbrevs.txt   |    4 +-
src/timezone/tznames/Asia.txt    |    4 +-
src/timezone/tznames/Default     |    2 +-
src/timezone/tznames/Europe.txt  |    2 +-