pgsql: Consider Parallel Append of partial paths for UNION [ALL].

От Robert Haas
Тема pgsql: Consider Parallel Append of partial paths for UNION [ALL].
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Consider Parallel Append of partial paths for UNION [ALL].

Without this patch, we can implement a UNION or UNION ALL as an
Append where Gather appears beneath one or more of the Append
branches, but this lets us put the Gather node on top, with
a partial path for each relation underneath.

There is considerably more work that could be done to improve
planning in this area, but that will probably need to wait
for a future release.

Patch by me, reviewed and tested by Ashutosh Bapat and Rajkumar
Raghuwanshi.

Discussion: http://postgr.es/m/CA+TgmoaLRAOqHmMZx=ESM3VDEPceg+-XXZsRXQ8GtFJO_zbMSw@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/88ba0ae2aa4aaba8ea0d85c0ff81cc46912d9308

Modified Files
src/backend/optimizer/prep/prepunion.c | 93 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-