pgsql: Fix mishandling of quoted-list GUC values in pg_dump andruleuti

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Fix mishandling of quoted-list GUC values in pg_dump andruleuti
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Fix mishandling of quoted-list GUC values in pg_dump and ruleutils.c.

Code that prints out the contents of setconfig or proconfig arrays in
SQL format needs to handle GUC_LIST_QUOTE variables differently from
other ones, because for those variables, flatten_set_variable_args()
already applied a layer of quoting.  The value can therefore safely
be printed as-is, and indeed must be, or flatten_set_variable_args()
will muck it up completely on reload.  For all other GUC variables,
it's necessary and sufficient to quote the value as a SQL literal.

We'd recognized the need for this long ago, but mis-analyzed the
need slightly, thinking that all GUC_LIST_INPUT variables needed
the special treatment.  That's actually wrong, since a valid value
of a LIST variable might include characters that need quoting,
although no existing variables accept such values.

More to the point, we hadn't made any particular effort to keep the
various places that deal with this up-to-date with the set of variables
that actually need special treatment, meaning that we'd do the wrong
thing with, for example, temp_tablespaces values.  This affects dumping
of SET clauses attached to functions, as well as ALTER DATABASE/ROLE SET
commands.

In ruleutils.c we can fix it reasonably honestly by exporting a guc.c
function that allows discovering the flags for a given GUC variable.
But pg_dump doesn't have easy access to that, so continue the old method
of having a hard-wired list of affected variable names.  At least we can
fix it to have just one list not two, and update the list to match
current reality.

A remaining problem with this is that it only works for built-in
GUC variables.  pg_dump's list obvious knows nothing of third-party
extensions, and even the "ask guc.c" method isn't bulletproof since
the relevant extension might not be loaded.  There's no obvious
solution to that, so for now, we'll just have to discourage extension
authors from inventing custom GUCs that need GUC_LIST_QUOTE.

This has been busted for a long time, so back-patch to all supported
branches.

Michael Paquier and Tom Lane, reviewed by Kyotaro Horiguchi and
Pavel Stehule

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/20180111064900.GA51030@paquier.xyz

Branch
------
REL9_6_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/8132f0f3856d0d36b140ffadb08bb9a38e4b7837

Modified Files
src/backend/utils/adt/ruleutils.c   | 13 +++++++++----
src/backend/utils/misc/guc.c        | 28 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
src/bin/pg_dump/dumputils.c         | 23 +++++++++++++++++++++++
src/bin/pg_dump/dumputils.h         |  2 ++
src/bin/pg_dump/pg_dump.c           | 12 ++++++++----
src/bin/pg_dump/pg_dumpall.c        | 11 ++++++++---
src/include/utils/guc.h             |  1 +
src/test/regress/expected/rules.out | 27 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/test/regress/sql/rules.sql      | 13 +++++++++++++