pgsql: Prevent query-lifespan memory leakage of SP-GiST traversalvalue

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Prevent query-lifespan memory leakage of SP-GiST traversalvalue
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Prevent query-lifespan memory leakage of SP-GiST traversal values.

The original coding of the SP-GiST scan traversalValue feature (commit
ccd6eb49a) arranged for traversal values to be stored in the query's main
executor context.  That's fine if there's only one index scan per query,
but if there are many, we have a memory leak as successive scans create
new traversal values.  Fix it by creating a separate memory context for
traversal values, which we can reset during spgrescan().  Back-patch
to 9.6 where this code was introduced.

In principle, adding the traversalCxt field to SpGistScanOpaqueData
creates an ABI break in the back branches.  But I (tgl) have little
sympathy for extensions including spgist_private.h, so I'm not very
worried about that.  Alternatively we could stick the new field at the
end of the struct in back branches, but that has its own downsides.

Anton Dignös, reviewed by Alexander Kuzmenkov

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/CALNdv1jb6y2Te-m8xHLxLX12RsBmZJ1f4hESX7J0HjgyOhA9eA@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------
REL_10_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/d18a88acf2d1591f9332bdb1da918037c90d3aa0

Modified Files
src/backend/access/spgist/spgscan.c | 9 ++++++++-
src/include/access/spgist_private.h | 1 +