pgsql: Add stack-overflow guards in set-operation planning.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Add stack-overflow guards in set-operation planning.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Add stack-overflow guards in set-operation planning.

create_plan_recurse lacked any stack depth check.  This is not per
our normal coding rules, but I'd supposed it was safe because earlier
planner processing is more complex and presumably should eat more
stack.  But bug #15033 from Andrew Grossman shows this isn't true,
at least not for queries having the form of a many-thousand-way
INTERSECT stack.

Further testing showed that recurse_set_operations is also capable
of being crashed in this way, since it likewise will recurse to the
bottom of a parsetree before calling any support functions that
might themselves contain any stack checks.  However, its stack
consumption is only perhaps a third of create_plan_recurse's.

It's possible that this particular problem with create_plan_recurse can
only manifest in 9.6 and later, since before that we didn't build a Path
tree for set operations.  But having seen this example, I now have no
faith in the proposition that create_plan_recurse doesn't need a stack
check, so back-patch to all supported branches.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/20180127050845.28812.58244@wrigleys.postgresql.org

Branch
------
REL9_4_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/06efc5cf53b96ef5b9c10995fc7c9ec06c1b4846

Modified Files
src/backend/optimizer/plan/createplan.c | 3 +++
src/backend/optimizer/prep/prepunion.c  | 3 +++
2 files changed, 6 insertions(+)