pgsql: Simplify do_pg_start_backup's API by opening pg_tblspcinternall

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Simplify do_pg_start_backup's API by opening pg_tblspcinternall
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Simplify do_pg_start_backup's API by opening pg_tblspc internally.

do_pg_start_backup() expects its callers to pass in an open DIR pointer
for the pg_tblspc directory, but there's no apparent advantage in that.
It complicates the callers without adding any flexibility, and there's no
robustness advantage, since we surely have to be prepared for errors during
the scan of pg_tblspc anyway.  In fact, by holding an extra kernel resource
during operations like the preliminary checkpoint, we might be making
things a fraction more failure-prone not less.  Hence, remove that argument
and open the directory just for the duration of the actual scan.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/28752.1512413887@sss.pgh.pa.us

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/066bc21c0e085e2642ff25cc665c4efad3669d6f

Modified Files
src/backend/access/transam/xlog.c      |  6 ++++--
src/backend/access/transam/xlogfuncs.c | 15 ++-------------
src/backend/replication/basebackup.c   | 19 ++++---------------
src/include/access/xlog.h              |  2 +-