[COMMITTERS] pgsql: Clean up SQL emitted by psql/describe.c.

От Tom Lane
Тема [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Clean up SQL emitted by psql/describe.c.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Clean up SQL emitted by psql/describe.c.

Fix assorted places that had not bothered with the convention of
prefixing catalog and function names with "pg_catalog.".  That
could possibly result in query failure when running with a nondefault
search_path.  Also fix two places that weren't quoting OID literals.
I think the latter hasn't mattered much since about 7.3, but it's still
a bad idea to be doing it in 99 places and not in 2 others.

Also remove a useless EXISTS sub-select that someone had stuck into
describeOneTableDetails' queries for child tables.  We just got the OID
out of pg_class, so I hardly see how checking that it exists in pg_class
was doing anything helpful.

In passing, try to improve the emitted formatting of a couple of
these queries, though I didn't work really hard on that.  And merge
unnecessarily duplicative coding in some other places.

Much of this was new in HEAD, but some was quite old; back-patch
as appropriate.

Branch
------
REL9_4_STABLE