[COMMITTERS] pgsql: Misc SCRAM code cleanups.

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Misc SCRAM code cleanups.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Misc SCRAM code cleanups.

* Move computation of SaltedPassword to a separate function from
  scram_ClientOrServerKey(). This saves a lot of cycles in libpq, by
  computing SaltedPassword only once per authentication. (Computing
  SaltedPassword is expensive by design.)

* Split scram_ClientOrServerKey() into two functions. Improves
  readability, by making the calling code less verbose.

* Rename "server proof" to "server signature", to better match the
  nomenclature used in RFC 5802.

* Rename SCRAM_SALT_LEN to SCRAM_DEFAULT_SALT_LEN, to make it more clear
  that the salt can be of any length, and the constant only specifies how
  long a salt we use when we generate a new verifier. Also rename
  SCRAM_ITERATIONS_DEFAULT to SCRAM_DEFAULT_ITERATIONS, for consistency.

These things caught my eye while working on other upcoming changes.

Branch
------
master

Details