[COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix testing of parallel-safety of SubPlans.

От Tom Lane
Тема [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix testing of parallel-safety of SubPlans.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Fix testing of parallel-safety of SubPlans.

is_parallel_safe() supposed that the only relevant property of a SubPlan
was the parallel safety of the referenced subplan tree.  This is wrong:
the testexpr or args subtrees might contain parallel-unsafe stuff, as
demonstrated by the test case added here.  However, just recursing into the
subtrees fails in a different way: we'll typically find PARAM_EXEC Params
representing the subplan's output columns in the testexpr.  The previous
coding supposed that any Param must be treated as parallel-restricted, so
that a naive attempt at fixing this disabled parallel pushdown of SubPlans
altogether.  We must instead determine, for any visited Param, whether it
is one that would be computed by a surrounding SubPlan node; if so, it's
safe to push down along with the SubPlan node.

We might later be able to extend this logic to cope with Params used for
correlated subplans and other cases; but that's a task for v11 or beyond.

Tom Lane and Amit Kapila

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/7064.1492022469@sss.pgh.pa.us

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/39151781c8cd2c8bf6057496426fb9c07178eda5

Modified Files
src/backend/optimizer/util/clauses.c          | 44 ++++++++++++++++++++++++---
src/include/nodes/primnodes.h                 |  3 +-
src/test/regress/expected/select_parallel.out | 12 ++++++++
src/test/regress/sql/select_parallel.sql      |  4 +++