[COMMITTERS] pgsql: pg_upgrade: Fix large object COMMENTS, SECURITY LABELS

От Stephen Frost
Тема [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pg_upgrade: Fix large object COMMENTS, SECURITY LABELS
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
pg_upgrade: Fix large object COMMENTS, SECURITY LABELS

When performing a pg_upgrade, we copy the files behind pg_largeobject
and pg_largeobject_metadata, allowing us to avoid having to dump out and
reload the actual data for large objects and their ACLs.

Unfortunately, that isn't all of the information which can be associated
with large objects.  Currently, we also support COMMENTs and SECURITY
LABELs with large objects and these were being silently dropped during a
pg_upgrade as pg_dump would skip everything having to do with a large
object and pg_upgrade only copied the tables mentioned to the new
cluster.

As the file copies happen after the catalog dump and reload, we can't
simply include the COMMENTs and SECURITY LABELs in pg_dump's binary-mode
output but we also have to include the actual large object definition as
well.  With the definition, comments, and security labels in the pg_dump
output and the file copies performed by pg_upgrade, all of the data and
metadata associated with large objects is able to be successfully pulled
forward across a pg_upgrade.

In 9.6 and master, we can simply adjust the dump bitmask to indicate
which components we don't want.  In 9.5 and earlier, we have to put
explciit checks in in dumpBlob() and dumpBlobs() to not include the ACL
or the data when in binary-upgrade mode.

Adjustments made to the privileges regression test to allow another test
(large_object.sql) to be added which explicitly leaves a large object
with a comment in place to provide coverage of that case with
pg_upgrade.

Back-patch to all supported branches.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/20170221162655.GE9812@tamriel.snowman.net

Branch
------
REL9_5_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/6be8647f7862dbbefe4d49d842566738cd753963

Modified Files
src/bin/pg_dump/pg_backup.h                |  1 +
src/bin/pg_dump/pg_backup_archiver.c       | 12 ++++++++++-
src/bin/pg_dump/pg_dump.c                  | 34 +++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
src/test/regress/expected/large_object.out | 15 +++++++++++++
src/test/regress/expected/privileges.out   |  8 +++----
src/test/regress/parallel_schedule         |  2 +-
src/test/regress/serial_schedule           |  1 +
src/test/regress/sql/large_object.sql      |  7 ++++++
src/test/regress/sql/privileges.sql        |  6 +++---