pgsql: Fix EXPLAIN so that it doesn't emit invalid XML in corner cases.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Fix EXPLAIN so that it doesn't emit invalid XML in corner cases.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Fix EXPLAIN so that it doesn't emit invalid XML in corner cases.

With track_io_timing = on, EXPLAIN (ANALYZE, BUFFERS) will emit fields
named like "I/O Read Time".  The slash makes that invalid as an XML
element name, so that adding FORMAT XML would produce invalid XML.

We already have code in there to translate spaces to dashes, so let's
generalize that to convert anything that isn't a valid XML name character,
viz letters, digits, hyphens, underscores, and periods.  We could just
reject slashes, which would run a bit faster.  But the fact that this went
unnoticed for so long doesn't give me a warm feeling that we'd notice the
next creative violation, so let's make it a permanent fix.

Reported by Markus Winand, though this isn't his initial patch proposal.

Back-patch to 9.2 where track_io_timing was added.  The problem is only
latent in 9.1, so I don't feel a need to fix it there.

Discussion: <E0BF6A45-68E8-45E6-918F-741FB332C6BB@winand.at>

Branch
------
REL9_2_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/f17c26dbd6ce08c723b34a08d8dbac5deab9d8c6

Modified Files
src/backend/commands/explain.c | 8 +++++---

Сообщение: pgsql: Fix EXPLAIN so that it doesn't emit invalid XML in corner cases.
Сообщение: pgsql: Fix EXPLAIN so that it doesn't emit invalid XML in corner cases.