pgsql: Fix WAL-logging of FSM and VM truncation.

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема pgsql: Fix WAL-logging of FSM and VM truncation.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Fix WAL-logging of FSM and VM truncation.

When a relation is truncated, it is important that the FSM is truncated as
well. Otherwise, after recovery, the FSM can return a page that has been
truncated away, leading to errors like:

ERROR:  could not read block 28991 in file "base/16390/572026": read only 0
of 8192 bytes

We were using MarkBufferDirtyHint() to dirty the buffer holding the last
remaining page of the FSM, but during recovery, that might in fact not
dirty the page, and the FSM update might be lost.

To fix, use the stronger MarkBufferDirty() function. MarkBufferDirty()
requires us to do WAL-logging ourselves, to protect from a torn page, if
checksumming is enabled.

Also fix an oversight in visibilitymap_truncate: it also needs to WAL-log
when checksumming is enabled.

Analysis by Pavan Deolasee.

Discussion: <CABOikdNr5vKucqyZH9s1Mh0XebLs_jRhKv6eJfNnD2wxTn=_9A@mail.gmail.com>

Backpatch to 9.3, where we got data checksums.

Branch
------
REL9_3_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/1c02ee314bc17ba0ff226c33a64935d02ff1208a

Modified Files
src/backend/access/heap/visibilitymap.c   | 16 ++++++++++++++++
src/backend/storage/freespace/freespace.c | 21 ++++++++++++++++++++-

Сообщение: pgsql: Fix WAL-logging of FSM and VM truncation.
Сообщение: pgsql: Fix WAL-logging of FSM and VM truncation.