pgsql: Disable synchronous commits in pg_rewind.

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема pgsql: Disable synchronous commits in pg_rewind.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Disable synchronous commits in pg_rewind.

If you point pg_rewind to a server that is using synchronous replication,
with "pg_rewind --source-server=...", and the replication is not working
for some reason, pg_rewind will get stuck because it creates a temporary
table, which needs to be replicated. You could call broken replication a
pilot error, but pg_rewind is often used in special circumstances, when
there are changes to the replication setup.

We don't do any "real" updates, and we don't care about fsyncing or
replicating the operations on the temporary tables, so fix that by
setting synchronous_commit off.

Michael Banck, Michael Paquier. Backpatch to 9.5, where pg_rewind was
introduced.

Discussion: <20161005143938.GA12247@nighthawk.caipicrew.dd-dns.de>

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/d7eb76b908a3aac68c23c7d3553c65c80e92b823

Modified Files
src/bin/pg_rewind/libpq_fetch.c | 14 ++++++++++++++
1 file changed, 14 insertions(+)