pgsql: Fix misplacement of submake-generated-headers prerequisites.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Fix misplacement of submake-generated-headers prerequisites.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Fix misplacement of submake-generated-headers prerequisites.

The sequence "configure; cd src/pl/plpython; make -j" failed due to
trying to compile plpython's .o files before the generated headers
finished building.  (This is an important real-world case, since it's
the typical second step when building both plpython2 and plpython3.)
This happens because the submake-generated-headers target is not
placed in a way to make it a prerequisite to compiling the .o files.
Fix that.

Checking other uses of submake-generated-headers, I noted that the one
attached to pg_regress was similarly misplaced; but it's actually not
needed at all for pg_regress.o, rather regress.o, so move it to be a
prerequisite of that.

Back-patch to 9.6 where submake-generated-headers was introduced
(by commit 548af97fc).  It's not immediately clear to me why the
previous coding didn't have the same issue; but since we've not
had field reports of plpython make failing, leave it alone in the
older branches.

Pavel Raiskup and Tom Lane

Discussion: <1925924.izSMJEZO3x@unused-4-107.brq.redhat.com>

Branch