pgsql: Don't trust CreateFileMapping() to clear the error code on succe

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Don't trust CreateFileMapping() to clear the error code on succe
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Don't trust CreateFileMapping() to clear the error code on success.

We must test GetLastError() even when CreateFileMapping() returns a
non-null handle.  If that value were left over from some previous system
call, we might be fooled into thinking the segment already existed.
Experimentation on Windows 7 suggests that CreateFileMapping() clears
the error code on success, but it is not documented to do so, so let's
not rely on that happening in all Windows releases.

Amit Kapila

Discussion: <20811.1474390987@sss.pgh.pa.us>

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/8e6b4ee21f486e6800aaa6955ff3d98e1a521b49

Modified Files
src/backend/storage/ipc/dsm_impl.c | 3 +++
1 file changed, 3 insertions(+)