pgsql: Sync back-branch copies of the timezone code with IANA release t

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Sync back-branch copies of the timezone code with IANA release t
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Sync back-branch copies of the timezone code with IANA release tzcode2016c.

Back-patch commit 1c1a7cbd6a1600c9, along with subsequent portability
fixes, into all active branches.  Also, back-patch commits 696027727 and
596857043 (addition of zic -P option) into 9.1 and 9.2, just to reduce
differences between the branches.  src/timezone/ is now largely identical
in all active branches, except that in 9.1, pgtz.c retains the
initial-timezone-selection code that was moved over to initdb in 9.2.

Ordinarily we wouldn't risk this much code churn in back branches, but it
seems necessary in this case, because among the changes are two feature
additions in the "zic" zone data file compiler (a larger limit on the
number of allowed DST transitions, and addition of a "%z" escape in zone
abbreviations).  IANA have not yet started to use those features in their
tzdata files, but presumably they will before too long.  If we don't update
then we'll be unable to adopt new timezone data.  Also, installations built
with --with-system-tzdata (which includes most distro-supplied builds, I
believe) might fail even if we don't update our copies of the data files.
There are assorted bug fixes too, mostly affecting obscure timezones or
post-2037 dates.

Discussion: <13601.1468868947@sss.pgh.pa.us>

Branch
------
REL9_5_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/19d477aa681b4927f95824d724a4197c696f8c75

Modified Files
--------------
src/bin/initdb/findtimezone.c |    6 +-
src/timezone/Makefile         |    2 +-
src/timezone/README           |   93 +-
src/timezone/ialloc.c         |   76 --
src/timezone/localtime.c      |  971 +++++++++++--------
src/timezone/pgtz.c           |    8 +-
src/timezone/pgtz.h           |   22 +-
src/timezone/private.h        |   76 +-
src/timezone/scheck.c         |   62 --
src/timezone/strftime.c       |   84 +-
src/timezone/tzfile.h         |   31 +-

Сообщение: pgsql: Sync back-branch copies of the timezone code with IANA release t
Сообщение: pgsql: Sync back-branch copies of the timezone code with IANA release t