pgsql: Round rowcount estimate for a partial path to an integer.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Round rowcount estimate for a partial path to an integer.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Round rowcount estimate for a partial path to an integer.

I'd been wondering why I was sometimes seeing fractional rowcount
estimates in parallel-query situations, and this seems to be the
reason.  (You won't see the fractional parts in EXPLAIN, because it
prints rowcounts with %.0f, but they are apparent in the debugger.)
A fractional rowcount is not any saner for a partial path than any
other kind of path, and it's equally likely to break cost estimation
for higher paths, so apply clamp_row_est() like we do in other places.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/c89d507649df9fbc21617e02ab4d5e765a28b7df

Modified Files
src/backend/optimizer/path/costsize.c | 2 +-