pgsql: Provide more detail in postmaster log for password authenticatio

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Provide more detail in postmaster log for password authenticatio
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Provide more detail in postmaster log for password authentication failures.

We tell people to examine the postmaster log if they're unsure why they are
getting auth failures, but actually only a few relatively-uncommon failure
cases were given their own log detail messages in commit 64e43c59b817a78d.
Expand on that so that every failure case detected within md5_crypt_verify
gets a specific log detail message.  This should cover pretty much every
ordinary password auth failure cause.

So far I've not noticed user demand for a similar level of auth detail
for the other auth methods, but sooner or later somebody might want to
work on them.  This is not that patch, though.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/5e0b5dcab685fe2a342385450a29a825cf40cddf

Modified Files
src/backend/libpq/crypt.c |   16 +++++++++++++++-