pgsql: Further twiddling of nodeHash.c hashtable sizing calculation.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Further twiddling of nodeHash.c hashtable sizing calculation.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Further twiddling of nodeHash.c hashtable sizing calculation.

On reflection, the submitted patch didn't really work to prevent the
request size from exceeding MaxAllocSize, because of the fact that we'd
happily round nbuckets up to the next power of 2 after we'd limited it to
max_pointers.  The simplest way to enforce the limit correctly is to
round max_pointers down to a power of 2 when it isn't one already.

(Note that the constraint to INT_MAX / 2, if it were doing anything useful
at all, is properly applied after that.)

Branch
------
REL9_1_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/d84cc40e4bbaa3e708029e0744cba1566ebff324

Modified Files
src/backend/executor/nodeHash.c |    8 +++++++-