pgsql: Code review for transaction commit timestamps

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема pgsql: Code review for transaction commit timestamps
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Code review for transaction commit timestamps

There are three main changes here:

1. No longer cause a start failure in a standby if the feature is
disabled in postgresql.conf but enabled in the master.  This reverts one
part of commit 4f3924d9cd43; what we keep is the ability of the standby
to activate/deactivate the module (which includes creating and removing
segments as appropriate) during replay of such actions in the master.

2. Replay WAL records affecting commitTS even if the feature is
disabled.  This means the standby will always have the same state as the
master after replay.

3. Have COMMIT PREPARE record the transaction commit time as well.  We
were previously only applying it in the normal transaction commit path.