pgsql: Improve handling of collations in contrib/postgres_fdw.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Improve handling of collations in contrib/postgres_fdw.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Improve handling of collations in contrib/postgres_fdw.

If we have a local Var of say varchar type with default collation, and
we apply a RelabelType to convert that to text with default collation, we
don't want to consider that as creating an FDW_COLLATE_UNSAFE situation.
It should be okay to compare that to a remote Var, so long as the remote
Var determines the comparison collation.  (When we actually ship such an
expression to the remote side, the local Var would become a Param with
default collation, meaning the remote Var would in fact control the
comparison collation, because non-default implicit collation overrides
default implicit collation in parse_collate.c.)  To fix, be more precise
about what FDW_COLLATE_NONE means: it applies either to a noncollatable
data type or to a collatable type with default collation, if that collation
can't be traced to a remote Var.  (When it can, FDW_COLLATE_SAFE is
appropriate.)  We were essentially using that interpretation already at
the Var/Const/Param level, but we weren't bubbling it up properly.

An alternative fix would be to introduce a separate FDW_COLLATE_DEFAULT
value to describe the second situation, but that would add more code
without changing the actual behavior, so it didn't seem worthwhile.

Also, since we're clarifying the rule to be that we care about whether
operator/function input collations match, there seems no need to fail
immediately upon seeing a Const/Param/non-foreign-Var with nondefault
collation.  We only have to reject if it appears in a collation-sensitive
context (for example, "var IS NOT NULL" is perfectly safe from a collation
standpoint, whatever collation the var has).  So just set the state to
UNSAFE rather than failing immediately.

Per report from Jeevan Chalke.  This essentially corrects some sloppy
thinking in commit ed3ddf918b59545583a4b374566bc1148e75f593, so back-patch
to 9.3 where that logic appeared.

Branch
------
REL9_5_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/59d765b6554093701329be935b52d82d9af01401

Modified Files
contrib/postgres_fdw/deparse.c                 |   89 +++++++++++++--------
contrib/postgres_fdw/expected/postgres_fdw.out |  101 ++++++++++++++++--------
contrib/postgres_fdw/sql/postgres_fdw.sql      |   11 ++-

Сообщение: pgsql: Improve handling of collations in contrib/postgres_fdw.
Сообщение: pgsql: Improve handling of collations in contrib/postgres_fdw.