pgsql: Allow record_in() and record_recv() to work for transient record

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Allow record_in() and record_recv() to work for transient record
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Allow record_in() and record_recv() to work for transient record types.

If we have the typmod that identifies a registered record type, there's no
reason that record_in() should refuse to perform input conversion for it.
Now, in direct SQL usage, record_in() will always be passed typmod = -1
with type OID RECORDOID, because no typmodin exists for type RECORD, so the
case can't arise.  However, some InputFunctionCall users such as PLs may be
able to supply the right typmod, so we should allow this to support them.

Note: the previous coding and comment here predate commit 59c016aa9f490b53.
There has been no case since 8.1 in which the passed type OID wouldn't be
valid; and if it weren't, this error message wouldn't be apropos anyway.
Better to let lookup_rowtype_tupdesc complain about it.

Back-patch to 9.1, as this is necessary for my upcoming plpython fix.
I'm committing it separately just to make it a bit more visible in the
commit history.

Branch
------
REL9_3_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/461235bdabc5de2d9977b31ecf2a32a200d8e224

Modified Files
src/backend/utils/adt/rowtypes.c |   39 +++++++++++++++++---------------------

Сообщение: pgsql: Fix plpython crash when returning string representation of a REC
Сообщение: pgsql: Fix plpython crash when returning string representation of a REC