pgsql: Attempt to work around a 32bit xlc compiler bug from a different

От Andres Freund
Тема pgsql: Attempt to work around a 32bit xlc compiler bug from a different
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Attempt to work around a 32bit xlc compiler bug from a different place.

In de6fd1c8 I moved the the work around from 53f73879 into the aix
template. The previous location was removed in the former commit, and I
thought that it would be nice to emit a warning when running configure.

That didn't turn out to work because at the point the template is
included we don't know whether we're compiling a 32/64 bit binary and
it's possible to install compilers for both on a 64 bit kernel/OS.

So go back to a less ambitious approach and define
PG_FORCE_DISABLE_INLINE in port/aix.h, without emitting a warning. We
could try a more fancy approach, but it doesn't seem worth it.

This requires moving the check for PG_FORCE_DISABLE_INLINE in c.h to
after including the system headers included from therein which isn't
perfect, as it seems slightly more robust to include all system headers
in a similar environment. Oh well.

Discussion: 20150807132000.GC13310@awork2.anarazel.de

Branch
------