pgsql: Avoid calling memcpy() with a NULL source pointer and count == 0

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Avoid calling memcpy() with a NULL source pointer and count == 0
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Avoid calling memcpy() with a NULL source pointer and count == 0.

As in commit 0a52d378b03b7d5a, avoid doing something that has undefined
results according to the C standard, even though in practice there does
not seem to be any problem with it.

This fixes two places in numeric.c that demonstrably could call memcpy()
with such arguments.  I looked through that file and didn't see any other
places with similar hazards; this is not to claim that there are not such
places in other files.

Per report from Piotr Stefaniak.  Back-patch to 9.5 which is where the
previous commit was added.  We're more or less setting a precedent that
we will not worry about this type of issue in pre-9.5 branches unless
someone demonstrates a problem in the field.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/13bba02271dce865cd20b6f49224889c73fed4e7

Modified Files
src/backend/utils/adt/numeric.c |    7 +++++--