pgsql: Revert exporting of internal GUC variable "data_directory".

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Revert exporting of internal GUC variable "data_directory".
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Revert exporting of internal GUC variable "data_directory".

This undoes a poorly-thought-out choice in commit 970a18687f9b3058, namely
to export guc.c's internal variable data_directory.  The authoritative
variable so far as C code is concerned is DataDir; there is no reason for
anything except specific bits of GUC code to look at the GUC variable.

After yesterday's commits fixing the fsync-on-restart patch, the only
remaining misuse of data_directory was in AlterSystemSetConfigFile(),
which would be much better off just using a relative path anyhow: it's
less code and it doesn't break if the DBA moves the data directory of a
running system, which is a case we've taken some pains over in the past.

This is mostly cosmetic, so no need for a back-patch (and I'd be hesitant
to remove a global variable in stable branches anyway).

Branch
------
master

Details