pgsql: Another attempt at fixing Windows Norwegian locale.

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема pgsql: Another attempt at fixing Windows Norwegian locale.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Another attempt at fixing Windows Norwegian locale.

Previous fix mapped "Norwegian (Bokmål)" locale, which contains a non-ASCII
character, to the pure ASCII alias "norwegian-bokmal". However, it turns
out that more recent versions of the CRT library, in particular MSVCR110
(Visual Studio 2012), changed the behaviour of setlocale() so that if
you pass "norwegian-bokmal" to setlocale, it returns "Norwegian_Norway".

That meant trouble, when setlocale(..., NULL) first returned
"Norwegian (Bokmål)_Norway", which we mapped to "norwegian-bokmal_Norway",
but another call to setlocale(..., "norwegian-bokmal_Norway") returned
"Norwegian_Norway". That caused PostgreSQL to think that they are different
locales, and therefore not compatible. That caused initdb to fail at
CREATE DATABASE.

Older CRT versions seem to accept "Norwegian_Norway" too, so change the
mapping to return "Norwegian_Norway" instead of "norwegian-bokmal".

Backpatch to 9.2 like the previous attempt. We haven't made a release that
includes the previous fix yet, so we don't need to worry about changing the
locale of existing clusters from "norwegian-bokmal" to "Norwegian_Norway".
(Doing any mapping like this at all requires changing the locale of
existing databases; the release notes need to include instructions for
that).

Branch
------
master