pgsql: Change the way latency is calculated with pgbench --rate option.

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема pgsql: Change the way latency is calculated with pgbench --rate option.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Change the way latency is calculated with pgbench --rate option.

The reported latency values now include the "schedule lag" time, that is,
the time between the transaction's scheduled start time and the time it
actually started. This relates better to a model where requests arrive at a
certain rate, and we are interested in the response time to the end user or
application, rather than the response time of the database itself.

Also, when --rate is used, include the schedule lag time in the log output.

The --rate option is new in 9.4, so backpatch to 9.4. It seems better to
make this change in 9.4, while we're still in the beta period, than ship a
9.4 version that calculates the values differently than 9.5.

Branch
------
REL9_4_STABLE

Details